Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Last coat of Prime (I hope)

I haven't made many posts of late. I decided it wasn't that interesting to show the results of rubbing, priming, rubbing priming !!! As I have been trying to get a surface finish I was happy with. I think the other reason for all the rubbing and priming was to put off doing the next bit. I wouldn't say I had lost my modelling Mojo, more I had come to a point of the build that I couldn't work out the best way forward. The circular fan grill on the top !

The 25 I di has quite a chunky grill, the 20 proto has a fine grill with a circular frame Mmmmmm....

Then it came to me when I was cutting a piece of drain pipe today, the 50mm circular frame could be a slice of 50mm water pipe. As for the grill I started looking in my garage and found just what I needed, some plaster board jointing skrim :)

Photobucket

Glued on the top with a cross support made from a couple of styrene strips

Photobucket

Then a quick rub down and wash followed by what i hope is a final coat of primer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once its all dry I can now move on.. Yellow then I need to get some Railfreight grey

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...